Lung Cancer Support Online

Question

Where can I find online support for people with lung cancer?

Answer

Tracy Lautenbach, MSW, LCSW, Social Worker in the Radiation Oncology Department at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, responds:

There are a variety of helpful resources for people with lung cancer.

The American Cancer Society, American Lung Association, Cancer Care, Cancer Hope Network, Lung Cancer Online Foundation, National Lung Cancer Partnership, Lung Cancer Alliance, just to name a few.

Patients can go to these organization’s websites to participate in support groups as well as speak to a cancer counselor via telephone to gain support as they go through treatment.

The Association of Cancer Online Resources has many online communities that address cancer topics such as specific cancer types, survivorship, advanced disease and financial issues.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. See the transcript: Lung Cancer Q&A Webchat.