Resources to Quit Smoking

Question

I know cigarettes are bad, but I don't even know how to begin to quit smoking. Can you help?

Answer

Gloria DiLullo, MSN, CRNP, OncoLink Content Specialist, responds:

Quitting tobacco is not easy, but you can do it! Whether you are a smoker or someone who uses smokeless tobacco, to have the best chance of quitting and staying quit, you need to know what you are up against, what your options are, and where to go for help. Below are some resources available on OncoLink that will help you.

• Smoking cessation. Where do I start?
    Start here for help in creating a quit plan, tips to coping with common obstacles and resources for support and smoking cessation programs.

• Smoking Cessation Aids
    This article reviews the available treatments, both pharmacologic (drug) and non-pharmacologic, to aid in successful smoking cessation.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the entire Cancer Risk & Prevention Webchat transcript.