Help Finding Resources During Cancer Treatment

Question

If my cancer center doesn't have a social worker, who can help me with financial concerns, insurance problems, co-pay assistance?

Answer

Christina Bach, Oncology Social Worker at Penn Medicine responds:

You can access assistance with coping with financial concerns, insurance problems and co-pay assistance from a variety of resources---here is a list of my go to resources:

These resources can be a great jumping off point for getting the support and education you need.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the entire transcript from the Focus on Pancreatic Cancer Webchat.

AACR: Biomarker Panel Beats CA 19-9 for ID'ing Pancreatic Cancer

May 21, 2014 - A panel of three biomarkers together with CA 19-9 is better than CA 19-9 alone for diagnosing early-stage pancreatic cancer. These findings were presented at the American Association for Cancer Research's special conference on Pancreatic Cancer: Innovations in Research and Treatment, held from May 18 to 21 in New Orleans.

Pancreatic Cancer & Family History