Donating a Pet's Body to Science

Question

Can I donate my pet's body to veterinary science?

Lili Duda, VMD, MBE, DACVR Veterinary Radiation Oncologist- University of Pennsylvania, responds:

Answer

Many veterinary schools have Educational Memorial Programs through which owners can donate their pets' bodies to veterinary medical science. Typically these donations are used to help teach veterinary students anatomy, surgical approaches, and diagnostic techniques. These programs are not designed to research particular diseases or conditions in pets. If that is your interest, consider searching for veterinary clinical trials.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the entire transcript from When a Beloved Pet has Cancer.

African-Americans, Caucasians report less fatigue after group-based mind-body intervention

Oct 5, 2010 - Breast cancer survivors experience significant improvements in fatigue levels after a group-based, holistic intervention, regardless of race, according to research presented at the American Association for Cancer Research Conference on the Science of Cancer Health Disparities, held from Sept. 30 to Oct. 3 in Miami.